The lawn and landscaping industry is a vibrant sector that transforms outdoor spaces, adding beauty to residential and commercial properties in and around Wisconsin. However, the work involves unique risks and challenges that demand comprehensive commercial insurance coverage. Higher coverage is not just a precaution for businesses in this industry—navigating the specific hazards associated with landscaping operations is necessary.
Understanding the Risks of Landscaping Operations
Landscaping businesses engage in a variety of activities that expose them to specific risks:
- Property Damage: Using heavy equipment and tools poses the threat of accidental damage to the client’s property.
- Injuries and Accidents: Employees working with machinery, tools, or chemicals face the potential for injuries, leading to workers’ compensation claims.
- Liability Concerns: Public liability risks arise from accidents on job sites or potential damage to adjacent properties.
Commercial Auto Insurance for Fleet Operations
Landscaping businesses often operate a fleet of vehicles to expand their services, which calls for:
- Commercial Auto Insurance: Provides coverage for vehicles used in business operations, protecting against damages and liabilities arising from accidents.
- Equipment Insurance: Extends coverage to specialized landscaping equipment and machinery, ensuring they are adequately protected.
General Liability Coverage for Property and Bodily Injury
Landscaping businesses require:
- General Liability Insurance: Protects against bodily injury or property damage claims during landscaping operations.
- Product Liability Insurance: Addresses liabilities arising from using chemicals or products that may cause harm.
Specialized Coverage for Landscaping Services
Landscaping businesses can benefit from specialized coverage options:
- Professional Liability Insurance: Protects against claims related to professional errors, design flaws, or advice provided.
- Business Interruption Coverage: Addresses income loss if operations are interrupted due to covered damages.
OnQuote Insurance Can Help You
At OnQuote Insurance, we can help answer questions concerning commercial insurance. We serve the Wisconsin area. Contact us today.